1. Springbrook National Park, Springbrook.
|The edge of the Springbrook Plateau offers stunning views to the east, all the way to the Pacific Ocean.|
2. Plunkett Regional Park, Cedar Creek.
|Sandstone outcrops in remote sections of the park give Plunkett an 'ancient' atmosphere.|
3. Lake Cooroibah Environmental Park, Cooroibah.
|Mullet, whiting and rays frequent the shallow waters of Lake Cooroibah.|
4. Snapper Rocks, Coolangatta.
|Many of the fish in the rockpools are juveniles seeking protection from larger predators.|
5. Mount Ninderry Bushland Conservation Park, Ninderry.
|Ninderry, Coolum and the Maroochy River all have their origins explained in local Aboriginal storytelling.|
6. Alexandra Headland, Alexandra Headland.
|The reef platform at Alex Heads provides good fishing for a local osprey (Pandion haliaetus) family.|
7. Keperra Bushland Reserve, Keperra.
|The walking circuit is best approached clockwise, acsending on loose stones and descending on bitumen.|
8. Kondalilla National Park, Witta.
|Fan ferns (Sticherus sp) line moist sections of the track.|
9. Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve, Maleny.
|A gigantic wonga vine (Pandorea pandorana) is suspended above the boardwalk.|
10. Dunethin Rock, Maroochy River.
|Bar-shouldered doves (Geopelia humeralis) waddle over the rock outcrop in search of seeds.|
11. East Mount Mellum Nature Refuge, Mount Mellum.
|The walking track in this Nature Refuge is short but fairly steep.|
12. Duncans Road, Flagstone Creek.
|Shelterbelts provide shade for cattle and habitat for wildlife in an otherwise scorched landscape.|